Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mariners

So I'm thinking about how little I really do know about Seattle beyond my quick two-day trip to the city. I've found a few links.

First, there's Wikipedia, in which I learn that the area has been inhabited for 4,000 years, but only by white settlers for 160 years. I'm also reminded of all the great music that's come out of the area and that the EMP museum is there. I missed that last time and hope to make it. I did see the building and it's an early Frank Gehry project and totally worth seeing. How many purple metal buildings are in the world anyway?

Found this little site that is much more nicely designed than the official government site. That site has restaurant and entertainment suggestions.

And hey! Great news if you like baseball! The Mariners are in town the weekend of the conference. So, think about coming in a day or two early and catching a game. I've been and it really is a nice stadium. Anyone game? Let me know! At this point, you'd think we can get good seats. As of today, they're 6-2!

No comments: