Monday, September 29, 2008

Down to the wire!

I (aka Christine) leave for Savannah in a day and a half. Which means I'm still getting things together to be gone for that long, but it's so going to be worth it. Not only is Savannah just such a fun town, but our speakers are putting together some bang up presentations for everyone. Everyone I've talked to is just such an interesting person. I know the town will be a lure, but I really recommend you get to know the speakers too. I personally can't wait to meet the ones I've only talked to on the phone and I look forward to seeing the ones I already know too.

We have lots of first-timers to the conference, which is really exciting. I hope they come to this event and find UCDA to be as inspiring and energizing as I do. I always come back with new ideas. It can be so difficult to liberate yourself from your desk, but I always know the conference is worth the days away. And the best thing is to find out there are folks just like you, with the same problems and headaches and perhaps some ideas and thoughts about solutions for you. If nothing else, you'll find professional soul-mates.

So we'll see everyone this weekend. And I know some of you designers will try to hide behind a tree than make conversation. Just remember you're there with folks just like you, so don't be shy ... introduce yourself and you'll find you have a lot in common.

No comments: