Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Places to shop!

Tracy just asked about places to shop, so I'll add it to the blog. The Hyatt (and the Inn on River Street and the Hampton) are all right on the edge of the Historic District, down on River Street. River Street is, well, on the Savannah River. You can watch many ships, usually carrying lots and lots of cargo, come in. River Street is very old but it's mostly ... touristy. There's some really nice restaurants on River Street, but I'd recommend going South and heading down a couple of blocks. Broughton Street is my favorite street in the district. Lots of shopping and galleries. There's a fun art store called Primary Art Supply (if you live in the Clemson area, your arts store is Michael's, so it's a treat for me.) Last time I was there, they had a coupon for a brand new store that I've forgotten the name. It's a mix of consignment and new stuff. Lots of fun clothing up there and I ended up buying a used wallet that I'm still using. There's a store called the Paris Market that has all sorts of fun stuff, from books to candy to jewelry to furniture. They gave me the rec on Back in the Day Bakery, yummy. They are starting their Happy Hour cupcakes just in time for us! Take a new buddy and get 2 for 1 cupcakes. Check out their site for their cupcake schedule. I am definitely trying a California Buttercream.

Anyone else got any recommendations to share?

No comments: