Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Lulu's Chocolate Bar

So Michelle and I convinced folks to go to Lulu's Chocolate Bar (not that there was much arm-twisting on that one). They had some seriously decadent chocolate desserts but boy that martini list! Holy cow. I went with the Raspberry Truffle Martini OMG. Like drinking a liquid chocolate truffle with liquor. Except you have an entire glass of it. And you feel really awesome when you're done.

We then went to the Bistro Savannah and had a lovely meal. Quite unusual. Ran into some UCDAers too! So fun. The guy went around afterwards and asked if we wanted dessert ... when he got to me I was like "uh, we had a drink at Lulu's Chocolate Bar bf we came here" and he was like "oh Lulu's is FABULOUS!" I love that about Savannah. It's like a small town, except it's really cool too. Small towns are cool in their own way, but not like that. All the businesses just love each other, it seems. Oh I'm sure there are people who know that isn't true at all. Just like people would say to me "oh the conference went so smoothly!" and I'm thinking "omg were we at the same conference??" but it makes me feel better as I know that means we must be fixing things as they flare up.

SO ... if you're still in Savannah, you should try to get by there. They open at 5. I had a totally different vision of Lulu's but it's definitely a night kind of place. Me, I've got some board meetings and then I meet up with Dale and Cheryl and we stop by Tybee for lunch then home. See you soon, Keith and Bella!

No comments: