Monday, October 6, 2008

So much fun, I've fallen down on the job!!!

Monday afternoon, and I have to say this conference has been a whirlwind. Since I'm a first-timer, I'm meeting lots of great people - and everyone has a story to tell me about things they've been doing here in Savannah. Yesterday morning, I met a lady who was going to check out the First African Baptist Church a few blocks away from the hotel. I haven't had a chance to ask her how it went, but I know she was looking forward to hearing some gospel music and experiencing a culture different from her own. 

Last night, I enjoyed Scottish food for the first time at Molly McPherson's on Congress Street - Scottish Eggs (hard-boiled eggs with a sausage crust), Shepherd's Pie, Meat Pie, Highlands Salad, Potato Scones with raspberry sauce and a decadent chocolate/raspberry dessert. Now, I know everybody is thinking, Rebecca... that's a lot of food for one girl! Good thing I was with some people who shared my interest in trying lots of different things. We also sampled a delicious Pear cider that was tart, crisp and downright delicious. I highly recommend stopping by there for dinner.

Tonight, we're eying the haunted pub tour for our evening entertainment - along with dinner at the Old Pink House. I'll be sure to let everyone know how that goes!

No comments: