Wednesday, October 1, 2008

On my way!

Well, we're set to cruise to Savannah today. Lots of board meetings and then prepping for our big crowd to show up on Saturday. I'll continue to blog from Savannah, of course, and am looking forward to being onsite and having more to report. So I'll leave you with the story of the 17hundred90 house. It's considered perhaps the most haunted house in America's most haunted city. You can go there for dinner or a nightcap in the basement. It's easy to find; just look for the intersection of PRESIDENT and LINCOLN streets.

I wish I had a recommendation on ghost tours. I've been on two; they are fun. There are almost 30 companies doing tours to a wide range of quality. You can even go on one that will cart you around the historic district in a hearse. I'll probably skip the ghost tour this year; hard to be scared when you're running into other ghost tours. Still, if you've never been, it's a good opportunity to hear some of the old stories of Savannah.

See everyone on Saturday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This will be my first UCDA conference. And it is in Savannah! I grew up in Savannah and was graduated from Savannah High School. About those ghost tours and stories. They are fun but please understand that they are primarily fiction. You won't see anything about Savannah being haunted prior to the mid-70s. I think it is all some Chamber of Commerce plot that worked. Savannah natives have been surprised to learn that their city is so haunted. Take it as entertainment.

Christine said...

That's extremely funny! Yes, the stories are all probably fiction but they are a good opportunity to hear how life was back in the day. It's sobering to hear the stories of yellow fever and the like. But yes, I agree, I will probably do other things than ghost tours.