Sunday, October 5, 2008

What to expect today

OK! Back at it today. Up early to meet Brian Collins for a sound check. He got in super-late last night, so it will be tight. Still, Brian is a professional and we've got great sound guys, so I don't expect any trouble. After that, we have our awards show. Clemson this year chaired both the conference (me) and the competition (my coworker Cheryl.) Cheryl's been a little panicked about the job she would do, but from what I've seen, we'll have a great display show (expect amazing things with foam core) as well as a nice job in Keynote. Keynote was a new program for her, but I've seen a bit of what she's done and of course, it is a quality job.

Then a chance for all of you to grab a quick bite. Zunzi's Express is close by and wonderful, Gallery Espresso isn't bad. Firefly Cafe, as all you dear readers know, is my top pick, but it's too far a walk to get to in the hour and fifteen minutes you've got to make it there. You can probably find anything that will work on Broughton Street and if you want to play it safe, you've got Starbucks and Panera across the street from themselves right on Bull and Broughton.

The afternoon brings us great breakouts from NJIT, Billy Howard, Kim Elam and Hank Richardson. Publication Roundtables tonight as well as the always popular swap shop, then we're off to dinner on your own. You'll have a tough time choosing; so many excellent choices in this town! We tried Ru'an on Broughton and the SCAD guys tell me it's the best Thai in town. Michelle tells me "I'm in love with the lemongrass chicken."

No comments: